I like things that are simple, yet good. Give me all the love an flavors in a simple dish so my soul can be filled with love. Sweet potatoes have been my favorite since I was a kid, so I thought, let me remix my favorite potato, get jazzy with it, dress it up, and eat. So here we are, sweet potatoes and avocados, so much love, yet so simple. p.s. everything is season to taste.
Be sure to tag us @imeshawells or @forksonlyllc whenever you make these recipes. We love to see it!
- 1 sweet potato
- sour cream
- green onions (chopped)
- brown sugar
- butter, and olive oil
- salt, and pepper
- bacon (optional)
- If you want to cook bacon, I'd prepare it first and let it chill in the oven at 170 degrees once it's done. Now the potato:
- First, peel the skin from your potato and wash it. Cut into medium sized wedges. Place cut pieces in a bowl, add some olive oil to potatoes; season with brown sugar, and salt. Toss.
- After your potatoes have been tossed, set aside. Turn stove on to a medium high heat. Heat pan. To the hot pan you add about 2tbsp of butter, and some olive oil, enough to coat the bottom. Once pan is heated, and butter begins to melt, add potatoes. Stir often. After 5 mins, turn stove down to medium, allow potatoes to caramelize for 10-15 mins.
- While the potatoes are doing what they do, you can chop your green onions or if you bought them chopped, cool beans. Cut your avocado in half, remove the seed and cut into slices.
- Grab your bowl, plate potatoes as your base first, add a tablespoon of sour cream, garnish with green onions and bacon, salt and pepper.
- EAT!! It's healthy because it tastes good, and it tastes good because it's healthy.